Ayah & Mama

Ayah & Mama
"BaCk Then"

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Photographers!

I have been 'window shopping' for photographers the past two weeks and I have seen so many quotations, dozens of sample photos, shook hands, sat down and chat with total strangers and of course, read a few contracts more often denying the bride of her right to her pictures should she not want it to be on the photographer's website!
I also now have one red eye due to the strain from being in front of the computer too long!! There's just so many websites!
At the end of the day, all every bride wants from her photos is to look GREAT [which of course means, look better than every day office or any dinner she has been to] and yes, that her wedding pictures depict a nolstalgic feeling that lasts for ages. I love my mother's wedding pictures because she was all so beautiful and every time she showed it to us, she would get that "La La La" feeling. She would always remind us of how it was 'back then'. "Those days (1980 to be exact), we did everything on our own. No wedding planners, no nothing," she narrates. Her own wedding was done at my grandma's house in Kuala Pilah and she told me that my dad actually wrapped all his hantarans to her and only unwrapped it upon arrival. "Sebab, back then (again), the Bukit Putus road leading to Kuala Pilah was so bengkang-bengkok and Ayah, Opah and Atok datang all the way from Perak tau!"
Just glad that Ed is only coming from Seremban which is a mere 45 mins away and there's no Bukit Putus anywhere near!
So, back to my Photographer Story.
I noted that each photographer had their own style, be it in the way they service you or respond to your needs. Some are flexible and are willing to accomodate your needs, while some were reluctant to accept ideas. Photographer beware: BRIDES TO BE are almost always demanding.
Some are sloooowwwwwwwwww at replying email! As much as photographers need US to confirm dates with them, it is equally as taxing to us when photographer don't respond to questions posed, directly and choose to dilly dally. Photographer beware: There is a reason why BRIDES email you. They want quick, fast hard facts. If you want the job, YOU should call her back to get her to warm up. Some gave me quick and detailed responses. It made things easier for me!
I do admit that the fact that some photographers charge for their extra hour turned me off. How am I going to feel happy on my wedding day when I know that my photographer is keeping tabs on the hours?! Now I know why people dread going to lawyers! Haha. And the weird thing is, the senior photographers were the ones who did not charge per hour (mind you, their works are not out-dated) and they all spoke about being a photographer first, business people second. Hmmmmmmmmm.
Some packages were great and the whole custom album concept is cool. At least I know I'll have a box!!
For all my visits to the photographers, I made routine calls to Ed to make sure he is in the know. I also dragged Norwen, just in case the photographers attempted to scam me. Overall, I have made my choice.
I wonder who?


















No comments: